Re: trouble with fetchmail via exim

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 02:32:49AM +0200, Andreas Hetzmannseder wrote:
> Dear debian-users,
>
> I ran fetchmail, it read the first incoming message, but then it stopped
> and told me the following:
>         ..exim: neither action flags nor mail addresses given.
>         fetchmail terminated with signal 13
>
> My ~/.fetchmailrc looks like this:
>
>         poll pop.netway.at
>         proto pop3
>         user my-remote-username
>         password my-password
>         is andy here
>         mda /usr/bin/exim

I just switch over from qmail to exim.
my fetchmailrc looks very similar, except I'm not using the "mda" option.
Somehow fetchmail knows how to contact exim.

But if you use the mda option, I think it should be

mda /usr/bin/exim -bs

That's the way exim gets called from inetd.

-ff

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------