Re: Fortify and Netscape Navigator

On 08/20/00 19:13:32 -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> its not the debian packages that are at fault, its fortify, fortify
> does not and will not support netscape past 4.72.  you have to do one
> of 3 things to get 128 netscape:
>
> download the netscape tarball from netscape.com and extract the
> appropriate binary out and mv it to
> /usr/lib/netscape/473/communicator/communicator-smotif.real.

Thanks for the help. I went with the above option. I stepped up to 4.75
though. I simply copied the netscape binary to the location of the
navigator-smotif.real binary and after backing it up renamed it. It
works nicely and now I have a 128-bit browser! I never would have
thought of that. I just have to remember to check it after doing an
upgrade every now and then.

 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )
(  Chula Vista, CA (                        (