Re: Linux Mail Client

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 11:46:50PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> If (to the person who started this thread) does not want to mix his personal
> and professional emails then he should have two accounts on his Linux
> machine.

    I don't see it that way.  Why should they be forced to create a whole new
account to access mail on a different server in a completely different
fashion.  No other client/server setup requires the user to do that, why sould
mail be any different?  That is why I think there is a distinction between MUA
(which is part of the MTA/MDA/MUA model) and a mail client which acts like
other server/client applications.

    Further, the assumption is that the person wants to download the mail at
all.  IMHO with IMAP one should be able to access the account remotely,
including such "special" folders like "sent-mail" in a completely separate
account without the need for a separate account locally.