Re: Linux Mail Client (was: Re: Web browsers for Linux (was: Re: Netscape Bus Error))

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 05:01:38PM -0400, Mike Werner wrote:
> Steve Lamb wrote:
> >
> > Monday, August 21, 2000, 1:42:58 PM, Mike wrote:
> > > Wrong.  mutt can do that just fine.
> >
> >     Don't even try to kid me on that aspect ok?  The day mutt can send mail
> > out my work SMTP from home (yes, that level of separation) is the day I'll
> > concede.  Right now Mutt is most certainly not up to the task except in the
> > most archaic of senses.
>
> Oh, you meant actually send it out through different servers?  I thought you
> were just meaning the message addressing - i.e. what From: line is used.
> Seems I misunderstood exactly what you meant.

Considering that mutt doesn't do SMTP with anything, Steve's demand
probably will never happen.

(Though there are certainly ways to do it, the SMTP configuration ain't
part of Mutt.)

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting