Re: Emacs meta-key

Depends on what keyboard map you're using. I'm running xfree86 4.0.1 from
Brandon's phase1 debs, but it's about the same way under 3.3.6. If you
have a keyboard with the windows keys you want to select a 104 key
keyboard; then the window key is 'Meta' and the alt key is 'Alt'.

Or if you use the 101 key keyboard, then one of your alt keys is 'Alt' and
the other one is 'Meta'. And I don't remember for sure which is which.

And if you're using Enlightenment as your window manager, you may have
additional bucky-bit[1] complications. Last I used E, it completely
ignored the X keyboard mappings and the ICCCM input conventions.

[1] bucky bits: Shift, Control, Alternate, Super, Hyper, Meta, Para and
perhaps others. Refer to the Jargon File for 'bucky bits' and 'space-cadet
keyboard'