Re: Fortify and Netscape Navigator

On 08/20/00 19:13:32 -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> its not the debian packages that are at fault, its fortify, fortify
> does not and will not support netscape past 4.72.  you have to do one
> of 3 things to get 128 netscape:

Thanks. I went to Netscape's web site and my browser was identified as:

  Netscape Navigator 4.73
  English language, [en] (X11; I; Linux 2.2.17 i686; Nav, Strong 128-Bit  Encryption

Here it is supposedly 128-bit already. I used to use the fortify
homepage's SSL check to determine my various browsers' encryption
levels. When I checked my 4.73 deb, it was reported to be 40-bit only.
Maybe fortify's ability to check the encryption level of 4.73 is a bit
off since you mentioned that fortify doesn't support netscape versions
beyond 4.72?

An idea where I might determine my browser's true encryption level?

I'd hate to go through the hassle of getting fortify to work if I've
already got a strong crypto browser.

Thanks!
 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )
(  Chula Vista, CA (                        (