Re: netscape crashes

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 08:37:04PM -0600, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> > john@jupiter:~$ netscape &
> > [1] 30802
> > john@jupiter:~$ ls: /usr/lib/netscape/473/wrapper.d: No such file or directory
> > ls: /usr/lib/netscape/473/communicator/wrapper.d: No such file or directory
> > john@jupiter:~$
> >
> > it still starts up and runs, but I thought it might have something to do
> > with my problem. Anyone recognize this or have suggestions?
>
> I get the warnis as well.

mkdir /usr/lib/netscape/473/wrapper.d
mkdir /usr/lib/netscape/473/communicator/wrapper.d

to eliminate those.  its a minor bug in the wrapper script or a bug in
the package depending on which way you look at it.  its harmless
though.

> I noticed Netscape got worse lately too. I loaded mozilla. It doesn't
> crash on the javascript pages that crash netscape but it's a bit slow.

if it were not for that XUL crap, and the lack of a working
./configure --prefix=/usr/local and make install function mozilla
would be perfect.  the part that is slow is the interface which can be
squarly blamed on that XUL crud.

/me wishes galeon would compile properly.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/