Re: Voodoo 3

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, David Bellows wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm now trying to configure my Voodoo 3 2000 card for fullscreen mode.
> As far as I can tell I've installed everything from the Debian CDs
> pertaining to glide and mesa and 3dfx.  Now I'm left with a
> device3dfx.tar.gz in /usr/src.  When I untared and unzipped it I was
> given a modules directory.  I tried to compile anything in there I
> could, but was given the error  "missing
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h configure the kernel first".  Now
> I'm stuck.  Anyone have any hints?  Am I even going in the right
> direction?  I've read several docs, but I can't find anything yet.

well, speaking from my own experience, the kernel source given by Debian
does not have a version.h.  However, the kernel-headers *do*, so if you
have the kernel-headers for your kernel installed, that is what
/usr/src/linux should be pointed to, as long as you're going to compile
against headers there.  of course, /usr/src/linux isn't really the way of
doing things the way i understand it...but that should help you at least.

dave