Re: Adding commands to Debian Program Menu

Hi Bryan!

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Bryan K. Walton wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I have what is probably a very simple question for this list.  How
> can I add commands to the Debian Program Menu.  For example, imagine that
> I install a program called "binary" to my computer.  I can run it by
> typing "binary" at a shell prompt.  But how can I get it added to the
> Debian program menu in my window manager (fvwm).  I know how to add
> it to the Gnome program menu, but I am not running Gnome.  Any
> suggestions?

Create your own menu file and place it in ~/.menu or /etc/menu.

an example:
weasel@marvin:~/.menu$ cat local.netscape
# made by PP on Wed Feb  9 22:05:21 CET 2000

?package(local.netscape):\
        needs=X11\
        section=Apps/Net\
        title="Netscape"\
        longtitle="Netscape Navigator"\
        command="/usr/local/bin/netscape"\
        shortcut="Control+Mod1+c"

Run update-menus for the changes to take effect.
(and perhaps restart you windowmanager (not needed for wmaker at least))

Also read the documentation in /usr/share/doc/menu/

HTH
					yours,
					peter

--