Re: sendmail not delivering at all [was: fetchmail is eating my mail]

On 19 Aug 2000, John Hasler wrote:

> Hawk writes:
> > Investigating further, I've found that mailing to myself (mail hawk, mail
> > hawk@localhost) also does not generate mail.
>
> That pretty much exonerates fetchmail.
>
> > Ideas?

This can happen when you use sensible-mda (default installation) and have
procmail, deliver, or other MDA installed, but not SUID.
In this case,  mail will be queued, but no reason will be shown.

You can either install the newer (Wood) sendmail (8.11.0-NonTLS),
add F=S to your local MDA, or make sure at least one of your installed
MDAs is SUID.

--
Rick Nelson