Re: PLEASE: standard package README file/orientation

André writes:
> If you're only interested in which config files a certain program uses
> you can do something like:

> dpkg -s package_name

> and read the part after "Conffiles:".

Yes, of course I can: I'm a Debian developer and I have been using Debian
since 1.1.  The average new user, however, won't find the output of
'dpkg -s package_name' much more comprehensible than the output of
'dpkf -L packagename'.  She also will have no reason to suspect that
either command would be of any use to her.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org