HELP- I Killed my HD

It all started when I wanted to partiton and format a new HD...
I set it to slave and started the comp...
forgetting that the main drive was in cable select mode and should have been pulled out!!

As you can imagine it is a bit of a mess!
how can I get my data out of this drive....
Before any one says BACKUP?!...that was what I was trying to do, as I have/had ( you choose) a lot of data on the disk I wanted to dump a copy onto another HD!!

Somebody save me!...PLEASE!?