problem building Licq deb from source debs

I downloaded the source package (and dsc and diff) for Licq and then modified
debian/rules and then built Licq with my own config options.
The problem is that I have QT installed from source, and no Debian packages for
QT were found:

dh_fixperms
dh_installdeb
dh_shlibdeps
dpkg: /usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.so.2 not found.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find any packages for
/usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.so.2 (libqt.so.2)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared
library libqt (soname 2, path /usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.so.2, dependency field
Depends)
dh_gencontrol
dh_makeshlibs
dh_md5sums
dh_builddeb

The question is:  Does the above mean that my Licq deb package will not work
correctly even if QT is installed ?

thanks

--
Andrew