Trouble with pcmcia/loop back device for zip drive

I have a problem and it is not really related to debian, but it is preventing me
form an installing potato. I was using my pcmcia zip drive just fine before
and now something is screwed up. When pcmcia starts everything looks O.K., but
when I plug in the card I get nothing, no beeps or any of that good stuff
that I used to get. So looked in /var/log/messages and modprobe syas "can't
locate module block-major-33" which is of course the ide interface that the zip
uses. I think somehow the loop back device for this is dead locked (I have been
searching for some help with google and this is what I came up with). How the
hell do I get it to work again. I have been using this thing fine up until
about 20 minutes or so ago. I want to transfer the base2_2.tgz from my laptop
to a zip disk, but now I can't. This sucks.

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
	baumannd@penguinpowered.com (doesn't always go through do to server traffic)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
		http://linuxlair.penguinpowered.com

When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale
deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness
any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home...

	- Cliff Burton