transferrate problems

Hello!

On monday I dated my slink up to the actual woody version via apt. My linux box is connected via a small baynetworks router in the local lan to the internet.

Since my update I have a performance problem with data transfers, I don't started myself (eg. daily uucp polls via ip [uucico] or apt gets started from dselect). The transfers only have 500 - 2000 cps. When I type eg. "wget someurl" I get my normal 16000 cps.

Do you have any idea, what I should try to change or which package is wrong configured?

I tried other uucp protocols, the transfer rates still worse.

Some technical info's:
Amd5x86, 32 Mb, 1 Gb Hdd, 3c503-card
Kernel 2.2.17 (precompiled)

cu Floh