Re: Support for ATI XPERT 2000 under Debian 2.1r4??

I have the XPert2000 Pro, and it is working fine with X. The Rage 128 chipset has been supported in XFree86 since version 3.3.6, so it is definitely compatible with "potato" Debian. On my system, I could not use the XF86Setup utility successfully. I used xf86config instead, selected the SVGA server, and did *not* probe. For the "Pro" cards (like mine), you need to add an extra line to the /etc/X11/XF86Config file - find the entry for your card in the "Device" section, and add "ChipId 0x5246." This is described on David St.Clair's helpful Web site: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~distclai/rage128-howto.html

Torrey