Fwd: Newbie questions

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://im.yahoo.com/
--- Begin Message ---

From: "nw x" <xingnw_01@hotmail.com>
To: redhat-install-list@redhat.com
Subject: Newbie questions
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:45:13 GMT

Hi,
I just change my machine from Debian to Redhat6.2 and before I sweep out all
of the things under debian,I compassed all of the things under home
directory and put them to another machine. After finish the installation, I
took them back and uncompress them, since there are several users at this
machine, now I just wondering how to make the former users use the machine
smoothly. Do I need use the adduser command and make the users connect with
their directory? How to use it?(now the situation is all of the stuff about
other users have been
under the home directory, however, obviously, they can not login)
Any information is high appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Xing, Nianwei