RESOLVED: Re: KDE-->GNOME, how to switch

I figured out the answer to my own question,
"How to switch from KDE to GNOME with the latest
Storm release".

The login dialog box has a little menu running
across the top, and one of the items is "Session",
from which you can choose:
   KDE
   GNOME
   Sawfish
   Debian
it was that easy.

There was no ~/.xinitrc file, and I tried creating one
with just "exec gnome-session" in it, but that didn't
switch it to gnome.

first impression, KDE is more user friendly,
GNOME takes more hunting around.

Gnome sure looks different from back in the days
when FreeBSD 3.1 had just come out, how many years
ago was that?  I can't remember.

- greg strockbine