Re: What is stormix

"tjipmeijer" <tjipmeijer@Raketnet.nl> writes:

> I can run stormpkg as root, howewer using gtksu with stormpkg as normal
> user failed.
> No xterm appears! do you know how to use gtksu

If you don't want to start stormpkg via the menu (it's both in the
Gnome menu and in the normal Debian menu under Apps -> System -> Admin
-> Storm Package Manager) you can type in an xterm:

     $gtksu /usr/bin/stormpkg &

Then a dialog box will appear which asks for the root password, after
typing it in, another dialog box gives you the opportunity to select
packages after certain criterias (installed/uninstalled/all or
matching a text string which will be looked after in package
names/descriptions/both) and after clicking on 'Filter' voila, the
package manager appears.

Both programs will not use an xterm window themselves! Very nice approach.

Hope this helps,
joachim