unpartitioning, thanks

Thanks to all who replied to my cry for help!

   I finaly used FDISK in the Windows\Command
directory to remove the Extra DOS partition, which
only had a copy of my recycle bin. Of course I
defraged first.

   Then I rebooted from the RESCUE disk, after my BIOS
loaded ( there is an option to boot from A: or C: if I
hold the CTRL key when booting). I "succesfuly"
partitioned a Linux partition, 265 Mbytes, Primary,
went through the maze (choices are NOT in order of
when I could do them)to make a swap partition of 5
Mbytes, Logical, then installed the 3 driver disks and
11 ".bin" disks.

   When prompted to Make Linux boot from hard drive or
floppy, I chose floppy. After the format process
(which stated my raw capacity as -3680), The message,
not word for word "there was an error...the floppy is
write protected or not in the first drive" appeared.

   I only had 3 formatted 1.44 disks, and all failed.
Write prtect off, and obviously in the correct drive.
I have tried to reboot, then try to make a boot flopy
again, but same error.

   Does anyone have an Idea for me?

Ed Burton
kd6aaj@yahoo.com