Re: Hardware Modems

>> I think this CONFIGP is a TSR that makes the connection between the
>> (hardware!!!) modem and the COM port.

Ungh, let me guess, this is a [pci,isa]-card - modem which *emulates* a
serial-port to the OS?

In older times you set the the port to emulate via a jumper, nowadays
it´s most likely some register(s) getting set via the driver, so DOS->
loadlin is definitely worth a try.

If you´re brave enough you could take a look with a debugger at the TSR
to see which register(s) get set, the rest should be relatively easy,
IM(*very* humble)O.

&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /