netkit-inetd installation problem

Hi,
I've this annoying problem with netkit-inetd and subsequently with netbase.

During the preconfiguration phase dpkg says:
-----
zed:/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf# dpkg --configure netkit-inetd
Setting up netkit-inetd (0.10-2) ...
Can't call method "default" without a package or object reference at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Question.pm line 69, <GEN1> chunk 1.
dpkg: error processing netkit-inetd (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 29
 netkit-inetd
zed:/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf#
----

and of course when I try to install netbase, it says that netkit-inetd is
not configured...

I looked at Question.pm, by I didn't find out what could be the problem... I
didn't either been able to understand what is $default...

Does anybody know a solution ?

(woody / kernel 2.4.0test4)

pietro