Re: tetex-extra problem

Christoph Martin <martin@verwaltung.uni-mainz.de> writes:

> Christiaan Kok <chrkok@chem.rug.nl> writes:
>

> > I upgraded to potato and almost everything went smoothly, but I have a
> > problem with tetex-extra. It gives the following error at configuring
> >
> > Setting up tetex-extra (1.0-10) ...
> > texhash: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R...
> > texhash: Updating /var/spool/texmf/ls-R...
> > texhash: Done.
> > Running initex for missing formats. This may take some time. ...
> > fmtutil: pdfetex -ini -efmt=pdfelatex -progname=pdfelatex *pdfelatex.ini'
> > failed.
> > dpkg: error processing tetex-extra (--configure):
> >  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> >  Errors were encountered while processing:
> >   tetex-extra
> >

> > Running the above command by hand gives:
> >
> > (/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/babel/hyphen.cfg
> > (/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/ushyph1.tex)
> > ! I can't find file frhyph.tex'.
>
> frhyph.tex is in the package tetex-base in
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/frhyph.tex.
>
> Please verify that.

I've upgraded 10 or so machines over the past couple of months, all
with tetex-extra. I got exactly this error on about 2 of them; the
upgrade worked OK on the others.

/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/frhyph.tex
is missing on the machines where the upgrade failed. But it is also
missing on the other machines where the upgrade worked. Instead there
is now
/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/fr19998t.tex

The problem is that fr19998t.tex is the correct one, and the
language.dat file has changed to take this into account. My guess is
that when upgrading, and it asked whether you wanted to keep or
replace /etc/texmf/langauge.dat you opted to keep the old one, with.
To fix, simply edit language.dat to use fr19998t.tex instead of
frhyph.tex (or you should have langauge.dat.dpkg-dist there to refer
to), and then run
 dpkg --configure -a

--

  Gilbert Laycock                 email:          gtl1@mcs.le.ac.uk