Syquest SparQ IDE Drive in Debian

Hi

I have 2 Syquest SparQ IDE drives and i want to use them
in my Debian Box. In the hardware howto they are described as supported.
Do i have to load a module or do something strange to make them work???
My BIOS recognize them as IDE hdd. But when i try to mount them
it says that has a wrong partition type. If i use fdisk with a disk
and a FAT16 partition is on it. I tried making a e2fs partition on the
disk and later formating it with the badblocks option, but it starts to
show badsectors app from the second half of the disk. This happens
with the 2 drives and with 4 new disks.

Please Help, any advise is great.

Alejandro Arrieta Rios
aarrieta@inf.utfsm.cl