Re: Dual-Boot Win2K & Debian

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 05:52:46PM -0400, Ethan Pierce wrote:
> Its my experience that you cannot use lilo per se with the win2k and debian combo.  What I do is have the triple boot of debian, windows ME and windows 2000.   I use the dd utility to get an image of the bootsector.  I then add the entry of the linux sector to the boot.ini file for nt5.
>
> Windows 2000 will always overwrite lilo if its installed on /dev/hda.  Let me know if you need more help getting it set up.

Hmmm... that's interesting.  Using Potato/Stable (YAY!) lilo and the
following conf works just fine and it doesn't overwrite anything.  It's
Win2K Pro, not Advanced Server, in case that makes any difference.   I
have no idea whether they're different in their handling of the boot
process...

boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hdb1
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
prompt
vga=9
delay=20

image=/vmlinuz
	label=Linux
	read-only
	append="hdd=ide-scsi"
other=/dev/hda1
	table=/dev/hda
	label=Win2K

Wonder why you had to go the other route?

--
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>