Re: xfs servers

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 12:44:43PM -0400, Brian Schramm wrote:
> I am not able to get the xfs or xfs-xtt packages to work on Potato.  They
> load but when I try to test them with "fslsfonts -server localhost:7100"
> it fails.  Also, my xterm tells me it cannot get the fonts.  What do I
> need to do in order to get this working?
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian Schramm
> brian@schramms.yi.org
> www.linuxexpert.org

AFAIk it's only possible to access the server with superuser rights and you have to access it through a unix socket.

fslsfonts -server unix/:7100

To enable the use of xfs-xtt in X the first FontPath line in /etc/X11/XF86Config should be

Section "Files"
	FontPath  "unix/:7101"
	FontPath...

-ff

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------