Re: Complete local mirror.

Orion wrote:
> What I do is have /var/cache/apt/archives as an NFS share from one
> machine, and let all my other machines (2 others) mount it as their own
> /var/cache/apt/archives/ . This is working nicely for me. I haven't
> tried running apt at the same time on 2 machines, however...

Simple and effective.

Yup, but I'm not using NFS at all.

Try also apt-move to move all the downloaded packages from /var/cache/apt/archives/ to a local `mirror' directory tree. You then then export that tree using a http or ftp server.

That's the question that I asked about originally! I was wondering if anyone's ever used apt-move, and if they can give me some pointers, and some things to look out for.

Thanks!
Adam

Toronto, Ontario, Canada