tk8.0 drops /usr/bin/wish8.0 despite being in tk8.0_8.0.5-6.deb

Three times I entered,
  dpkg -i tk8.0_8.0.5-6.deb
Each time, the file
   /usr/bin/wish8.0
was not installed.
I even purged the package then reinstalled the package.
All other files were installed from tk8.0;
only this file /usr/bin/wish8.0 was not installed.

I finally entered,
   dpkg -X   tk8.0_8.0.5-6.deb  /tmp
then copied /tmp/usr/bin/wish8.0 to /usr/bin/wish8.0

This is a weird event.
Double checking, I see that I have the latest dpkg, version 1.6.14,
and am reinstalling this package under potato, 2.2,
as successfully upgraded a month ago from slink.
Is something amiss with the package tk8.0_8.0.5-6.deb
or do you suppose something is amiss with my installation.

--
Jameson C. Burt, NJ9L 		Fairfax, Virginia, USA
jameson@mnsinc.com	http://www.mnsinc.com/jameson

You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it.
-- G.K. Chesterton