Re: Complete local mirror.

Adam Scriven said:
> At 13:20 2000/08/15 -0600, you wrote:
> >This is so not true. If you installed all your machines, without using any
> >sort of shared local cache it would still produce less bandwidth than 1
> >week of a full local mirror. You realize it takes about 200meg/day to keep
> >up with our archive?
>
> Ok, fair enough.  I don't need a complete mirror anyway, just the x86
> stuff, and just for stable.
>
> >Shared APT, squid, etc are all more banddith efficient solutions.
>
> How would I implement shared apt?  That sounds like what I'd like to do,
> but I've never even heard of it.

What I do is have /var/cache/apt/archives as an NFS share from one
machine, and let all my other machines (2 others) mount it as their own
/var/cache/apt/archives/ . This is working nicely for me. I haven't
tried running apt at the same time on 2 machines, however...

--
Orion          orion [at] tribble [dot] dyndns [dot] org

PO ta to po ta to po ta to po
ta to po ta to po ta to po ta
to po ta to po ta to po ta to
po ta to po ta to po ta to