Re: [Fwd: Installation halted by scsi failure

Ed Burke wrote:

>            There is an Adaptec 2940 / 2940W SCSI adapter card.
>
> When the system was started with the CD inserted I got to the
> install wizard - if that's the proper terminology.  As I
> followed the manual and explored some, on my own, I kept coming
> back to the same message, which was "no hard drive(s) found".
> That is my recollection of the message anyway.
>
>         Does this ring a bell with any one?  The version of Debian I am
> trying to load is 2.1.

As I recall, Debian 2.1 boot kernel could not handle the Adaptec
card very well.  I had to compile my own kernel for it.

The boot floppies for Debian 2.2 (just released) handle it very
well.  I strongly suggest that you skip 2.1 and install 2.2
instead.

Peter