losing network regularly

After removing wu-ftpd and apache, reconfiguring exim for local delivery
only, and commenting out telnet in /etc/services, my connection to the
router is constantly dropping, requiring a force-reload.

Time causesthe drop, but so do certain services--the debian search page
casues the drop, as does running apt-get update.

I'm sure this is a simple rtfm matter, but which fm?
--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
Assistant Professor of Economics, Pennsylvania State University