Re: Debian Linux on Sun UltraSparc IIi

> Where did you fail in the boot process? ie. did the Sun access the floppy
> and spit out an error message, or did it simply say something like "can't
> find boot image" off the HDD?

When the system started booting, I saw it soughting the floopy drive as
the green light was on and off several times.

Shortly after displaying the system information like:

SPARCengine(tm) Ultra CP1400 (UltraSparc-IIi 303MHz) OpenBoot 3.10.9 ME
with 192MB RAM.....

Got this message:

	Drive not ready
	Boot device: net  File and args:

But not going any further except the following message keep poping up on
the display:

	Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet
	Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet

FYI, My hard disk is new and nothing is on it.  The box is connected to
a LAN.

Any clues?

Thanks for your investigation.