Re: Proxy servers in Linux

Specifically, I need to access Oracle on a machine that is only
accessible through a web server.  The web server has two network cards,
one is for the net, the other connects to the Oracle server through a
switch.  The Oracle server and the second NIC are on a private local
network (through 198.162.1.1 addressing).  This eliminates the security
risk of putting the Oracle server on the Internet.  It also makes the
Oracle server only accessible to the web server.  I have read, that it
can be accessed by using a proxy server (on the Oracle port), but I
don't know what or how to set this up.  I hope this gives a little
better picture of what I am trying to do.

Thanks!

Kelly