installation problem

Dear sirs:

I bought the Debian installation book by Thomas Down with the CD and followed
the instructions for installation on the CD.  I have a 486-8MB mother board
with an 80 MB hard drive. I allocated 60 MB for Linux, 20 for DOS.  I can
follow thru the steps all the way to installing BASE system.  Then get stuck.
Every time I went thru it the screen keeps coming back to the same place
asking me to install BASE system. It happens in a circle.  Can any one help
me with a solution to the problem?
Thank you for lisening.

Yours,

Shih Chang