Re: Themes in mozilla

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 12:03:40PM -0400, Stuart Ballard wrote:

> The current debian package of mozilla (M17-1) seems to fail to bring up
> any entries in the Themes list.

I can't reproduce that with the upstream version of M17, but I remember
hearing people complaining about it during the M17 development. I don't
have the debian M17 package installed, so could you check which build ID
Mozilla shows on the right of the titlebar? The official M17 build
should have the ID "2000080712". Not removing the .mozilla directory in
your $HOME can also produce the most strange errors, so you might want
to try that too.

> It also seems to not have mail and news, even though there is no
> mozilla-mailnews package (I even looked in Incoming...).

The maintainer probably chose to disable mail-news when compiling, since
that's what most people want. There should definately be a package
however that has this included. So if that hasn't been reported as a bug
yet I suggest that you do it.

> Does anyone else see these problems or is it something in my
> installation only?

Not likely if you have removed your .mozilla directory.

> I haven't received any responses to any bugs I have ever filed on the
> mozilla package, and lots of ancient ones are still open).

The M17 release was a NMU if I'm not misstaking, put together by Brent
Fulgham <bfulgham@debian.org>, and I'm sure he'll respond to mails sent
to him.

> I wouldn't mind so much about the Themes issue if Classic was the
> default... but I don't even have the option of selecting it!

I agree, the Classic skin is a beauty, especially on the nightly M18
builds!
--

// André