DEC 433 installation - SCSI and partitioning concerns

Hi all,

Slink does not recognize SCSI controller?

I am trying to install Slink on a newly acquired DEC 433 Workstation.  It is
an old 33 mhz 486 with an Adaptec AHA 1510 AIC 6260 SCSI controller built
into the motherboard.  I think the IRQ is 11 and the port address is 340h.
In any event, this Slink distribution will not recognize the two Quantum
Lightning 550 megabyte SCSI hard drives and the Toshiba XM-5701B 12x SCSI
CD-ROM attached to the SCSI controller.  It should be noted both hard drives
are completely "clean", free of any kind of partitions and boot block, etc.
Is there an argument I can pass to the kernel at boot time to solve this?

Also, can anyone suggest a "percentage breakdown" for partitioning these two
drives above?  For example /usr gets 40% of the overall storage capacity,
etc, etc?  This is the first time I've had to install on more than one hard
drive.

Thanks for your time,

Rob