Very strange error

Hi,
I had such luck asking a question earlier, so I am trying again with something
else. Thanks to everybody who did answer my previous one.

This time what happens is:

I have dial on demand with ISDN. One other machine is currently hooked up to the
network and that is a Windows 95 machine with Internet Explorer 5 and etc..

If I try and ping from the windows box, dial up works fine, and the replies
comes

If I try and go on the web, the Linux box freaks and tries to dial up several
times..........even if there is a connection there, it hangs that up and tries
to connect again and again, hanging up immediately.

My setup should be standard Debian isdnutils setup.....

ONly thing I have changed slightly in device.ippp0 is the rule in IPchains (I
did try with the standard one as well, but this one I found in Olafs book)

# ipchains -P forward DENY
# ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0/0 -j MASQ

That is it.....now why would the Debian box behave in this strange fashion when
IE launches against it?

Please please can anybody help me with this one.

-Geir