max file sizes and filesystems

Hi

How big can a single file be in the filesystems FAT32, ext2, and NTFS?

My question comes from an idea to create one or more files and mount
them as loopbackdevices after formatting them.
This is a standard operation and there are some FAQs describing the
procedure on the LDP web pages for example.
If I have a big enough windoze partition perhaps can I have parts of a
Debian mirror (in one or more files) on that partition (and bring home
with my laptop for installing/updating my desktop machine).

Anders