RE: LILO & Kernel Image too big --> Make error

hi again

I just ran bzImage again, and the last few lines of output show this error:

"make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.12/arch/i386/boot"
as86 -0 -a -o bbootsect.o bbootsect.s
make[1]: as86: Command not found
make[1]: *** [bbootsect.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.12/arch/i386/boot"
make: *** [bzImage] Error 2"

I'm guessing that the second line there is the problem, and that the rest of
the problems flow from there. Does anyone know what would cause this error?

thanks
Andrew

Andrew McRobert LLB B.Sc(Comp. Sci)
IT Liaison Officer, School of Law