Re: lpr|lprng & apsfilter & deskjet 400 ... Solved!

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 12:35:51AM -0600, s. keeling wrote:
> This used to work.  I became annoyed that the listing header was
> printed as "Printed by from" instead of "Printed by $USER from
> $HOSTNAME".  Discussing it on apsfilter.org, the solution appeared to
> be replace lpr with lprNG.  lpr + apsfilter + a2ps was failing on
> perms in parsing the lpd lock file.
>
> After replacing lpr with lprNG, I get banner only; no listing.  The
> listing header still reads "Printed by from", and the listing date has
> reverted to "Dec 31 1969 17:00".  Yoiks!

Solved.  Remove apsfilter and lprng, re-install lpr (not lprng) and
apsfilter.  Header is correctly filled in, with the correct date.

Yeesh.

--
keelingNO@SPAM.spots.ab.ca (Stephen) TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.
    [sed 's/NO@SPAM./@/g']               Contract programmer, server bum.