Re: Internet only for root

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Ronald Castillo wrote:

> Greetings...  I would like to know how to give internet access to all normal
> users, because when I connect only root has the access, and netscape doesn't
> roon as root, so I'm having a pretty big problem...

	I assume you're using a dial-up connection? How are you
connecting? Chat script? kppp?

	The easiest way is to install a dialler like kppp, and set the UID
bit so it runs as root. Alternatively you can write a binary wrapper for a
chat script and SUID on it, but be careful with SUID with respect to
security.

	Mike

"To listen to the words of the learned, and to instill into others the
lessons of science, is better than religious exercises."
		-- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)