Memory problems after kernel compilation SOLVED

I fount out it wasn't a complilation problem but a problem with Loadlin.
NOw I have to boot from floppy because I don't want ot mess up witl LILO.

--------------->Hi...  Several days ago I recompiled my kernel with support
for apmd, sound and some other  things.  But since I did that, I've had
several problems with my computer's memory.  For example, The Myth II Game
won't run and my just installed xmms Mp3 player will skip a lot.  Did I do
anything wrong?  Thanks for your help!!!