Re: scsi aic7xxx problem

"A. Demarteau (linux rules!)" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 10:02:44PM +0200, A. Demarteau (linux rules!) wrote:
> > > dear debian users,
> > > I'm having trouble with the above controler kernel 2.2.14 and two
> > > scsi-units
> > > one is a fujitsu external MO-drive the other is a internal tape-drive.
---
> > Have you confirmed all cables are properly seated, and that you have
> > proper termination, if necessary?
> for the tape-drive I'm pretty sure it's okay, I temporarely removed my
> burner form the scsi-bus and used that cable for the tape-drive.
> As internal-device it has no terminator, besides when not terminated
> correctly it should not get through the cards bios-startup as well (which
> it does correctly).

Both ends of a SCSI cable must be terminated to work properly.  And I
have had systems where the BIOS level worked fine without termination
but the OS detected errors.  So I'd check carefully to be sure that the
internal tape-drive has termination enabled.  Check your manual for how
to do this.

--
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer