Re: Installing Debian on 486

Dear

On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 01:42:18PM -0400, Daniel Stehm wrote:
> Hey guys, having a problem here. I have a 486, 12 megs of RAM, 480 megs on
> hard-drive, floppy (3 1/2), and a (gasp) 5 1/2 drive. I want to get ANY
> linux distro on it that I can, (wishing for debian) I dont care too much

Go to http://www.debian.org, read the installation instructions and
install slink from floppies. There are about 7-8 floppies.

After that do the upgrade to potato, because you have 12 meg of RAM. And as
I know potato needs more to be installed from floppies. But upgrade will
work.

Sincerely,
Marko Cehaja