Re: Mail configuration and setup

On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 12:09:30PM +0100, Geir Erik Nielsen wrote:

> The company "Smallandnice" has this box in their office. Every user has an
> email address user@smallandnice.com
>
> The email gets sent to a server, and all of it gets put into one mailbox called
> smallandnice. This is also a user on the system.
>
> Once every hour the debian box should connect to the other system, log in as
> smallandnice and get the mail. Once the mail is downloaded, it should
> distribute the mail in the smallandnice mailfile to the local users mailboxes.
>
> I have read Olafs book, but I cannot see an answer to this there. All I need is
> some documentation, so if somebody could point me in the right direction, I
> will be able to do the reading myself.

You can achieve this with fetchmail+qmail.
Depending whether you want to send mails all the time or collect them until the dial-on-demand is up, you need serialmail, too.
Have a look at the qmail FAQ.

c'ya
flo

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------