Re: Kernel build problems 2.2.17 - No modversion.h

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 03:00:39PM -0700, Keith Goettert wrote:

> After completing successfully a full install of the Debian 2.2.17 product
> with optional kernel packages I am unable to locate the modversions.h header
> file.  Could somebody please tell me what package this little gem is tucked
> away in.

If you installed a kernel-image package, then the get the header files
(like modversions.h) you also want to install the kernel-headers package
for the appropriate version, i.e. kernel-headers-2.2.17.  Then you will
probably find modversions.h in
/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.2.17/include/linux/.

If you compiled from source, then you don't need the kernel-headers
package; modversions.h would be in the same directory, except replace
/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.2.17 with the path to your kernel source.

Tom