VMware and bridged networking

Hi there,

is there anyone using VMware under NT 4.0?

I've successfully installed Debian 2.1r4 as a guest OS under VMware running
in NT 4.0. It was very easy, I didn't have ANY problems whatsoever.

HOWEVER I can't get the networking stuff running. The AMC PCnet adapter is
being found, I *can* ping the IP address of my real ethernet adapter (i.e.
the IP address of the host OS,) I can ping the guest OS from the host OS,
but I can't out of my box into the LAN. :-(

In case it matters I'm using 192.168.0.* addresses for my LAN. "Forwarding"
in NT is enabled. The VMware virtual ethernet adapter under NT has an IP
address of 192.168.230.1. Is that ok? I'm not sure how the whole emulation
thing works, so I don't understand how to fix my problems...

Currently two services are running under NT: VMnet Bridge (for VMnet0) and
VMnet DHCP Server. Do I really need the DHCP server? I normally don't use
DHCP on my LAN, all IPs are assigned statically.

Any hints? Anyone got that stuff working?

Thanks,

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\