RE: Netscape 6 PR2 with Debian 2.2

Any answers to this problem please send them too to ronaldace@coolmail.net.
I have the same problem.  Thanks!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS [mailto:edmundo@rano.org]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 6:09 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Netscape 6 PR2 with Debian 2.2

$ ./netscape-installer
./netscape-installer-bin: error in loading shared libraries:
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Is there a Debian package that provides this version of libstdc++? If
not, does anyone have a recipe for building it?

Please copy replies to me, because the archives for August are broken
(and have been for a while).

Edmund

PS. I'd also be interested in recipes for making Mozilla do HTTPS.

PPS. What is this crap with N million different version of libstdc++?
A deliberate ploy to prevent people distributing binary-only software
for Linux? What should Netscape do? Statically link?