Re: Transferring files between a windows machine and a Debian Linux machine

Not your fault. Its mine. I applogise for this goof-up since I did not
understand the exact problem.

Short of actual networking, I have not done or heard of any one doing
this sort of thing in Linux. I have used parallel port cable to transfer my
data from my laptop to my PC using pure DOS software  (interlink etc),
but never as a shared resource which would be necessary if you want
to install.

DOSEMU handles the DOS software quite well at the Linux end.

I have no experience with Samba., the only software I heard of where
one can share Windows resources on a second machine. Perhaps
some0ne who uses Samba can throw some light. I am just as curious
to know about it as you.

USM Bish

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> >%_I apologize, I may have not made it very clear that they are two, totally separate machines that I am trying to connect. That is what I meant by this "I need to transfer some program files and stuff from my windows machine (where I download the stuff) to the Linux machine". I REALLY appreciate what you had to say so maybe you have a thought on this too? Thanks in advance for your help.

:
   Its a BishMail :-)
: