Re: PC133 RAM doesn't work with Slink!?!

"Karl Matheson" <mkarl1@uswest.net> writes:
> I'm still using 2.1 (If 2.2 does come out like it is expected to
> (today), I will buy it), and I'm trying to install it on my new
> computer.  I've switched out various parts of my machine
> (Hard-drive, CD-ROM, etc), Because it gives me weird memory
> errors/addresses when I try to install.  I finally switched my 64 MB
> PC133 RAM for my dad's PC100, and now I can install.  Is there a way
> to get this ram working in slink, and more importantly, will it work
> in potato?

Sounds to me like you have a bad PC133 RAM module. The OS, be it Win,
Linux, BeOS, whatever, doesn't care about what speed your memory
is. That's strictly a hardware issue. So, like I said, either the RAM
module is bad or your motherboard and your PC133 stick have some
compatibility issue.

Gary